Prev: Re: Fw: [Fwd: Navy Life] Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis

Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:36:24 +1000
Subject: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

G'day,

 >SG NSL PA have bases which are part of the figure, perhaps 1.5cm
 >across.  For three of the figures, the feet are fairly close
 >together so I can't get too fancy.

OK, I checked out Derek's SG PA last night, not a lot of room there, but

you should be able to do some OK dust or tile patterns (might want to
draw
on the tiles though as someone suggested). Derek has actually stuck the
PA
onto slotter bases to give him some more room to work with (and it makes

the figure more stable on the table). Just a little bit of putty up the
sides and you can't see the join/base bump at all.

 >> a) flock base with sand or fine saw dust
 >
 >Does that mean "paint base with white glue and then pour sand on
 >it"?

Yep, though depending on the glue you may want to water it down a
little.

 >(small voice) I'll go back to starships now...  <g>

I wouldn't worry too much, most people don't get as carried away as I do
;)

Have fun they sound great.

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Fw: [Fwd: Navy Life] Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis