Prev: Re: Anyone out there? Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author

Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

From: "Stuart Ford" <smford@e...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:20:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

> Three FTMaps would have to be generated (x,y; x,z; y,z). And ship
outlines
> would not be presented in perspective. Roll would not be able to be
captured
> by FTMap.
>
> I decided that I did not have the math ability to do this.

I have been working on this topic also.  After working on a 2D version
of
FT, I decided
that it would be much more fun to have a 3D version.. at least a 3D
point of
view.

What I'm currently using is a Quake 2 compatible engine with no level...
just models floating
in empty space, with a surrounding backdrop for space.	 Planets and
asteroids will also be
solid models, so in the event of bad piloting (and I speak from personal
experience) you can
try and use them to... um, alter your course!

If anyone out there has done some quake modeling , and would like to
help
create some ships,
please let me know.

Stuart

Prev: Re: Anyone out there? Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author