Prev: Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies Next: Re: Teske Field

Re: Anyone out there?

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:10:13 +0200
Subject: Re: Anyone out there?

Jonathan Stott wrote:

>I have recently been introduced to Full Thrust and I loved the game!
>But I have no-one to play it with :-(
>So, does anyone on the list who plays full thrust live in the
>Manchester, UK area?

...not right *now*, but I was in Manchester playing Full Thrust this
past weekend (at GenCon) :-/ Now I'm back home in Sweden, but I met at
least a dozen British FT players there.

>Also does anyone know where I can buy the books and miniatures in
>Manchester, except by mail order?

Dunno if there are any permanent shops selling FT stuff, but Jon seems
to have a fairly hectic schedule visiting various wargames shows all
around the UK. I spent far too much money buying more ship models at
GenCon, too (most of them were bargain-bin B5 Fleet Action, but there
were lots of them so it got expensive anyway...).

>Finally, apart from the main rules, what other books are highly
>recommended/essential in your opinions?

The two Fleet Books. The first is essential (completely revises the
ship design system, 'cuz the one in the main rules is rather broken),
the second is highly recommended - but I was a playtester for both of
them, so my view might be somewhat biased :-/

Most of the stuff in More Thrust has been superceded by the Fleet
Books, so it's not *that* critical to get.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies Next: Re: Teske Field