Prev: Re: [FT] Starship! was [FT] arcs in vector Next: Re: Anyone out there?

Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:04:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies

err, I also ment to send this to the list.

---------------------- Forwarded by Aron Clark/AM/Avid on 09/05/2000
02:09 PM
---------------------------

Aron Clark
09/05/2000 09:20 AM

To:   AEbrain@dynamite.com.au
cc:
Subject:  Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies  (Document link:
      Database 'Aron Clark', View '($Sent)')

That sounds like a pretty ambitious project.  Looks like you've got your
work
cut out for you. ;)  Again my reference card will show only the system
icons and
give a brief description of each.  Also included is the turn sequence.
I don't
think that maneuver is all that complicated and can be easily
demonstrated
before the game begins.  The hard thing, in my mind, is keeping all the
icons
straight.  "What's this circle with an x?", type of stuff.  I'll be
sending my
card to Jon for approval before I make it available to the masses.

Does anyone have any idea what GZG graphics and the like are approved or
not
approved for public distribution?

"Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@dynamite.com.au> on 09/01/2000 05:44:42
PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)

From: <Aron_Clark@digidesign.com>
> I've been working on a FT reference sheet for new players.  Basically
it's
> table showing the icons of each system, their names, and a brief
outline
of the
> associated rules.  I should have it finished this weekend and posted
to my
site
> early next week.  I'll keep the list informed.

Thanks.

Remember that
a) It should have enough for a complete newbie to play the game, which
means
many diagrams and examples.
b) It should only have enough to whet the appetite - mention some of the
non-basic
systems, but don't give stats for em. That way, the sales of FT will
increase, not
decrease.

It might be a very good idea for a copy of this QR sheet to be included
in
FT3.
One of the good things GW does with their games is to give a 2-page
quick
example of play to get newbies hooked. This could be expanded to give
both
the basic rules and an example, just for introducing new players.

Prev: Re: [FT] Starship! was [FT] arcs in vector Next: Re: Anyone out there?