Prev: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives Next: Re: Those darned B1's

Those darned B1's

From: "Galen Thies" <fldmrshl@h...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:44:19 CDT
Subject: Those darned B1's

Hello folks,

This is my first post here and I hope that my relative novice status
doesn't
offend in a asking a fairly straightforward question.  I've found the
posts
here remarkably useful and germain--bravo!  I scanned the archive
looking
for a answer to the following query and was unable to find one.

I only recently picked up fleet book 1 and overall have found the rules
quite flexible and well written.  My one concern is with the design
rules
with regard to B1's.  It seems to me that a ship designed with a massive

compliment of B1's could simply "put the pedal to the metal" and scoot
range 12 by turn 3 of 4 and smoke the other fleet with a huge quantity
of
beam fire.   They are very cheap and small-- a massive amount of fire
power
could be brought to bear such a design philosophy.  Enough room left
over
for rather big engines to get into business range.  Maybe I'm off-base
with
this but I would appreciate any feedback on this.  I'm really hoping
that
some goofball has actually tried this and been handed their head.

Kindest Personal Regards,
Galen

Prev: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives Next: Re: Those darned B1's