Prev: Re: [FT] Relative damage Next: problem with one suggestion on orbits (I think)

Beth's latest poll

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:13:32 -0400
Subject: Beth's latest poll

Movement: Vector (like there is any other...)

Duration of Game: typically less than 8 turns (though probably 2-4 turns
in
battle). usually the closing action with a wee bit of sparring, then
either
two passes with a break in between or a pass followed by a turn in for a
close range knife fight. Generally if one side would like to hold open
range, unless it has a thrust advantage, it can't. The other side knows
it
has to close and does so, taking licks along the way. I haven't yet seen
BOTH sides wanting to hold open range.

Ship Damage: usually you can tell who won. unless we're doing a scenario
with specific victory conditions, most times there is a decisive
conflict
and one side is reduced to non-viable (at fleet level) combatant status

Table: Floating sometimes, Fixed sometimes (but sometimes its a floor so
that's large or a 6x10 table)

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Q:  If Brian Kernighan had joined the Royal Navy,
what position would they have given him?
A: First 'C' Lord.

Prev: Re: [FT] Relative damage Next: problem with one suggestion on orbits (I think)