Prev: RE: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Beth's latest poll

Re: [FT] Relative damage

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:34:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Relative damage

Beth Fulton wrote:

> G'day guys,
>
> I have a feeling I've asked this before, but my memory not being what
it
> used to be (aw hell who am I kidding it was never grand), I'm gonna
ask again.

Heh. I remember someone asking something like this before. Don't
remember
if it was you or someone else, or you disguised as someone else.

> a) What movement system do you play?

Usually cinematic, with a smattering of vector. Almost always a floating
map, and more often than not on a floor of a room (clearing out as many
tables, chairs, etc that we can ;-). Otherwise on as large a table as we
can get.

> b) How long do you games last?

*Generally* the cinematic battles last 6-10 turns. The longest one in
recent
memory went 13 turns (and due to a number of other factors, took all
night
:-/ ). I'd say ~2-3 hours on average.

> c) How damaged are the ships at the end and how quickly do they fall
along
> the way?

Now that I don't remember very well. I'd have to consult my notes, which
are currently scattered to the 4 winds (including the recycling can for
many of the earlier battles - and if they weren't translated to
electronic
format like all the playtest battles I did were, then they're lost)

Mk

Prev: RE: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Beth's latest poll