Prev: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt? Next: RE: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:53:52 -0600
Subject: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:49:32 EDT, "A Scruffy Drummer" writes:
>Brian Quirt <baqrt@mta.ca> wrote:
>>found them to be really good games. I actually play both with the
>>same miniatures (1:300), which also saves money (and table space, at >

>>least for SG) (and painting time, which is my LEAST favourite part
>>of miniatures gaming).
>
>How you base your infantry to do this?  SG infantry are usually based
>seperately and DS are usually grouped in 3 or 5's.  So if one is going
>use the same little guys for both games what do you do?  I'd think that

>using a bunch of individually base guys for DS would end up being very
>fiddly. But on the SG side, it wouldn't look as nice to have your squad

>loose three soldiers but still have all eight minis on the board.  I've
been
>thinking about using my 1/300 infantry for both games (and maybe FMA
>Skirmish!), but they've been sitting unfinished until I figure out how
>want to base them.

I'm planning on doing this as well (at least for now), and my answer
is:

Just don't use the same figs for each game.  Just the same scale figs.

1/300 infantry are really cheap.  I'm willing to leave 40 or 50 of
them in seperate bases for SGII, and simply buy more for DSII.
Compared to the cost for 25mm or even 15mm, its worth it.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt? Next: RE: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?