Prev: Simple Questions Next: Re: Simple Questions

[OT] Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:57:39 -0500
Subject: [OT] Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

***
Was that "Men into Space"?
***

Yepper, just the kind of faux pax for which I'm well known on this list.
;
->=

***
The book goes on to say the show had 38 black and white 25 minute
episodes.
US premiere: Sep 30, 1959.  UK premiere: July 9 - Oct 1, 1960
***

Wow, I can only remember 3 or 4 episodes tops. Course, unlike most folks
in
their later years, my childhood is pretty foggy.

I remember one episode where the rotational thruster controls were
bollocksed(sp?), and the virtual gravity was threatening to crush the
crew
on the ring. I can still remember the star, sitting in a chair by a
console, his face and upper body pressed down on a flat part of the
console, while he's struggling to inch his finger to a kill switch.

There's a mention of moon landings in a review on IMDB, though I don't
remember any.

Is the main star mentioned? William Lundigan was his name, though I'm
always calling him Victor Laughlin or McLaughlin. Another thing I never
keep straight, in spite of my admiration for Victor McLaughin's work as
well.

The ships were the Verner Von Braun/Willy Ley school of big, sleek ships
as
I recall.

Every once in a while, I see an old lunch box in an antique shop. I
think I
have an old game based on the show. There's an image on:
http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/men-into-space.html\

Episode and air dates guide, as well as links to the IMDB at:
http://epguides.com/MenintoSpace/

Also, there are rumors of occasional sightings on Sci-Fi Channel.

Has this exanimate equine been pummeled sufficiently? ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Simple Questions Next: Re: Simple Questions