Prev: RE: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000 Next: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

Re: Sa'Vasku

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:38:23 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku

Jonathan White wrote:

> Paul Owen wrote:
> > Just a thought but if the Sa'Vasku can re absord fighters would it
> > also be possible for larger ships to absorb smaller ships in order
> > repair themselves / reload their bio in order to create more
fighters
> > etc, we tried this recently when a player wanted to launch more
> > fighters than he had bio for he absorbed a smaller ship and
> > received its bio mass so he could then launch more fighters, seems
> > a bit of a waste but hey he wanted to do it...
> It strikes me that if taken to the extreme it could seriously
outbalance
> the Sa'Vasku. Why worry about damage to your sandcrab when you can
have
> three broodmothers well out of the fighting feeding you snacks to keep
> you going.. I'd say only ships that can launch drones should have the
> ability to re-absorb drones.
>
>					  TTFN
>						  Jon

As I stated in a prior post:
All of the 'S' can absorb mass in STRATIGIC time,
brood ships can absorb 'S' fighters in TACITICAL time.
This simple concept keeps the 'absorb tactic' from
becoming a game winner.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000 Next: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000