Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds) Next: Re: Sa'Vasku

RE: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:36:39 -0500
Subject: RE: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

> I was poking around Star Ranger's Starship Combat News site, and
> decided to
> take a look at some of the smaller systems that I'd never heard of
before.
> Mistake.

But exactly why I created SCN :)

> Space Dreadnought 3000 (SD3K) is printed by Kallistra Limited
> (http://www.kallistra.co.uk/)

<snip review details>

> The game is supported by a rather large range of miniatures which are
very
> nice. I was quite surprised at the quality of the figures (which
> could also
> easily be used for FT).

Yup, formerly produced by Pendraken.  I've got a fleet of Altarian ships
I'm
painting right now that will be at GenCon (along with the massive FSE
fleet
I just starte basing)

> Overall:
>
> I give SD3K a rating of 4 out of 5. I'd say that it's a MUST for
anyone
> looking to make a FT campaign system, not because it would make an
ideal
> system itself, but because it provides a large number of ideas for
> elegantly solving many "complex" campaign problems.
>
> The real key, however, is that it's a blast. Really fun and plays very
> fast. Schoon sez: check it out!!

Thanks for the review.	I have't gotten around to playing it yet, but it
is
definatly a different type of game than FT.   Using FT for the battles
could
work but how would the supply factor work for in FT terms?

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds) Next: Re: Sa'Vasku