Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars per credit Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: Colonization

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:41:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Colonization

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@interlog.com>

<laserlight@quixnet.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Insofar as I can tell, Brian, you're saying that step c) won't
>>happen, because space travel is expensive.  And I'm saying
that
>>just because it's expensive now, doesn't mean it will always
be
>>too expensive for individuals to pay for.
>
>Out of curiosity, has anyone given a reason for step c) (that
being someone
>joining a founding colony if they have the money)? That is, has
anyone come up
>with a good reason for colonization in the first place?

No.  I don't even know why people live in Canada.
Particularly when they call me to tell that they just had over a
meter of snow, and I point out that people are in shorts and tee
shirts around here.  (Relatives in Montreal--this was late
March, early April).

How about give us some suggestions?  Since manifestly colonies
exist.

Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars per credit Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation