Prev: re: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

Re: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:15:58 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters

On  3-May-00 at 10:02, David Reeves (davidar@nortelnetworks.com) wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:21:45 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us>
> > Subject: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters
> >
> > On	2-May-00 at 09:14, GBailey@aol.com (GBailey@aol.com) wrote:
> > > And I'm
> > > getting really tired of reglueing those fiddly bits back on (the
old
> > > SFB minis are really bad for this).
> >
> > Fiddly bits knocked off?  I didn't think you could knock the fiddly
> > bits off of the plastic ones without destroying them.  Do you
> > use Testors model cemement?  It seems to melt the plastic together.
> > As for the others, I epoxy everything and to date have only had
> > 1 base break, and that because someone stepped on it.
>
> roger,
>
> how did you epoxy the ships on the stands and get them to dry
straight,
> since it takes a couple of hours to set with enough viscosity?  did
you use
> epoxy putty/ribbon?

First, my ships aren't perfectly straight.  I drill a small hole in the
bottom, mix my quick set epoxy and put in the hole, then I insert
a piece of channel brass (U shaped cross section).  push the top of the
ship into some styrofoam and use whatever is handy to prop the brass
where I want it.  It's usually hard in about 15 minutes.  I have a
square tube attached to the bases using similar methods.  When I want
to play I drop the ships brass tubing into the base tubing and go.

I have a webserver now, I'll have to do a few pictures and post them.

Roger

Prev: re: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR