Prev: Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise - Designs Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

[DS2] ADS v Artillery

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <a.leibrick@v...>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 10:58:19 +0100
Subject: [DS2] ADS v Artillery

I think ADS is overpriced. I would like to see it gain extra
capabilities to
balance it's cost. One, would be the ability to defend against incoming
artillery. If late 20thC CIWS can hit a naval shell I do not see any
reason
why a late 23rd weapons system can not hit an incoming art' shell? With
range of 3.6Km the ADS should be able to hit the shell before it
dispenses
its load.
The mechanism could be similar to ADS v GMS.
ADS player decides how many art' guns he is going to defend against, out
of
the battery firing. Then he rolls the ADS quality modified by the number
of
guns  like ADS defending against multiple GMS. The artillery player
rolls a
die based on the art' size, i.e light d6, medium d8, heavy d10, for each
time that the ADS roll beats the art' roll the barrage effect is reduced
by
1 gun.
I realise that an artillery piece fires multiple shots in a salvo but
they
are following a ballistic course so the ADS should have time to track
and
hit before the munitions are dispersed. The ADS should be "active" and
within 12" of one of the art' target markers or in the BZ. It may be
advisable to have a CBR as well.

Tony
It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet.
Join AllAdvantage.com at
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LBY-249

Prev: Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise - Designs Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.