Prev: [DS2] ADS v Artillery Next: Re: [FB1]Alternate stuff

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <a.leibrick@v...>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:52:25 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

> A = Cost modifier for weapon TYPE.
> B = Cost modifier for FireCon QUALITY.
> C = Weapon CLASS
>
> X = Cost of WEAPON.
> Y = Cost of FIRECON.
> Z = Overall cost of weapon SYSTEM.
>
> Current system:
> X=A*C
> Y=B*C
> Z=X+Y
>
> My system:
> Z=A*B*C
>
> Granted, the values for A and B may need to be tweaked some, but as
you
can
> see, the overall cost for the systems would go up, especially for
High-Tech
> weapons, and the costing process would be shortened by a step.
> Actually, I think it could be as simple as making the modifier 1 for
Basic
FireCon, 2 for Enhanced, and 3 for Superior.  Try it.

> Brian Bilderback

Let me get this right
If you compare a MDC/5 with superior FC with a HVC/5 with basic FC
In the old way it would be:
MDC 5 x 10 = 50 + 5 x 6 =30  total cost 80
HVC 5 x 8 = 40 + 5 x 2 = 10   total cost 50
The MDC costs 1.6 times more than the HVC

In your way it would be
MDC 5 x 3 x 10 = 150
HVC 5 x 1 x 8 = 40
the MDC now costs 3.75 times as much.
The only problem is;
 at long range a superior FC will hit 2.3 times as often as basic
at medium 1.76 times and at close 1.43 times averaging out at 1. 83 over
the
3 range bands. There looks like an unbalance here

Tony L

"At the age of four with paper hats
and wooden swords we're all Generals.
Only some of us never grow out of it".
 - Peter Ustinov

It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet.
Join AllAdvantage.com at
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LBY-249

Prev: [DS2] ADS v Artillery Next: Re: [FB1]Alternate stuff