Prev: [FB1]Alternate stuff Next: [DS2] ADS v Artillery

Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise - Designs

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 02:05:47 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise - Designs

In a message dated 4/28/00 3:51:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com writes:

<< An interesting battle. I wonder, though... did any of the other
players
 realise just how brittle Noam's ships were? It seems that Noam managed
 to stay out of range of the fleets that were allowed to shoot at him,
 though <g> >>

I had a feeling that they might have been balloons once I saw the range
at
which he was firing.  I even turned around once to try to charge into
Noam's
formation, but I feared that in the time spent decelerating, my fleet
would
be holed like so much swiss cheese.  Looking back (always easy to do),
my
fleet could have fared well against Fleet Random Effect if I could have
met
him head on.  My inexperience with vector (like Aron, this was my first
attempt) cost me dearly.  Instead of going through with my gut instinct,
turned back around and decided to avoid Noam's ships in favor of Aron's.
 My
hope then was that Noam would pick on Brendan while I got my velocity
under
control and prepared to fight Aron.  Unfortunately, I realized too late
that
I was not going to be able to slow down.  This Okie was reminded (not so

fondly) of his first experience with ice skates!

I wanted to build ships that could stay around long enough to deliver a
steady pounding to several opponents.  My hope was to be able to use the

damage control afforded by the strong hulls in between opponents.

Here is my fleet a la Sam Reynolds' Armageddon Outfitters Fleet Book
Ship
Design program:

New Jersey class SDN
(Missouri, Iowa)
Mass 186
Cost 617
Hull Strong
FTL Std
MD 4
Hull Armor 0
Damage 74; 19/19/18/18
Systems
 2 x Screen
 3 x FCS
 4 x PDS
Pulse Torpedo Launcher FP F FS
Beam / 3 FP F FS
Beam / 3 FP F AP
Beam / 3 F FS AS
Beam / 2 FP F AP
Beam / 2 F FS AS
Beam / 1 All
Beam / 1 All

Oklahoma City class CH
(Atlanta, Augusta, Helena, San Diego)
Mass 87
Cost 289
Hull Strong
FTL Std
MD 4
Hull Armor 0
Damage 34; 9/9/8/8
Systems
 1 x Screen
 2 x FCS
 2 x PDS
Pulse Torpedo Launcher FP F FS
Beam / 3 FP F FS
Beam / 2 F FS AS
Beam / 2 FP F AP
Beam / 1 FP F FS AP A AS
Beam / 1 FP F FS AP A AS

Aegis class ES
(Aegis)
Mass 32
Cost 109
Hull Strong
FTL Std
MD 4
Hull Armor 0
Damage 13; 4/3/3/3
Systems
 1 x FCS
 1 x ADFC
 6 x PDS
Beam / 1 FP F FS AP A AS

Prev: [FB1]Alternate stuff Next: [DS2] ADS v Artillery