Prev: Re: Active vs Passive Next: Re: Active vs Passive

Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:40:30 +0200
Subject: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

John M. Atkinson wrote:

>Hrm. . . given a universe with fairly small, cheap, smart electronics,
>I'm not sure where it would fit since you can put a guidance system on
>it and call it a GMS/L.

<snort>

If it was only a question of guidance electronics, we would've built
guided munitions for the Carl Gustav RR five years ago!

Electronics already are small enough, and smart enough (though maybe
not cheap enough for use in a CG round). The problem is that you need
some sort of maneuvering device as well - movable fins, gas generators,
whatever - and they tend to be both bulky and heavy :-(

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Active vs Passive Next: Re: Active vs Passive