Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee Next: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

Re: Active vs Passive

From: Adrian Reen-Shuler <saltpeanuts73@y...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Active vs Passive

> It doesn't sound very efficiant to me and I find it
> hard to believe
> something like this would be used, but it could be
> done.  We do
> it now with heat exchangers, its just that the
> air/ground is a bit
> better at siphoning off the waste heat.
>
> Roger

Theoretically, you could also have a heat storage
unit, which would absorb heat for a period of time and
then release it all at once (or over a short period of
time).	This would allow you to control when you
radiate heat (and any other em radiation).  Hopefully
you'd find the oppertunity to discharge the radiation
when out of view (or to direct it behind you.

This next is purely speculative, but since the heat
we're talking about is really just low frequency em
radiation, it should be possible (with superconductors
and similarly wonderous technology) to convert the
heat energy into a more useful form of energy (like
say a laser).

-Adrian

http://invites.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee Next: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII