Prev: Re: What is AoG thinking? Next: Re: Floor play... Re: What is AoG thinking?

Floor play... Re: What is AoG thinking?

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:37:32 -0600
Subject: Floor play... Re: What is AoG thinking?

***
> Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.  I'm rather found of the floor
myself.
> Something about 8' x 24' play area that's just too much fun.

I've played on the floor a few times. Nice maneuvering room (just had to
be careful not to step on the escorts!)
***

Not to mention usually hard on those of us with aged knees. I know
others
have
mentioned using large floor areas, and I've had my fevered dreams of
flat
park
areas with ships on stakes, but I always figured they'd be at least 1
yard
or
meter tall. In the park idea, I tried yardsticks with plastic lawn
sprinkler
sharp pegs on the bottom, and plastic model ships on the top.

The yardsticks I had bent too easily under ship's weight and force of
trying
to drive into the ground. Never did get a test of my line-and-protractor
on
the stick for shots and movement...

Or the 360 degree bubble levels I was going to put on the top...

Nor the Pop-Up Double Trouble die flippers I was going to put in the
ships...

DID I MENTION FEVERED BRAIN???

The_Beast

Prev: Re: What is AoG thinking? Next: Re: Floor play... Re: What is AoG thinking?