Prev: Calculating crew boxes... (AO problem also) Next: RE: Finding proper minis

Re: What is AoG thinking?

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:22:16 -0500
Subject: Re: What is AoG thinking?

First Wi'Kan penned in with:

>I just bought the Poseidon Supercarrier and Babylon 5 station figures
at 40%
>off at D&J hobbies.
>
>I think I was robbed.

Heh.  ;-)

>The Poseidon is about 10 times the size of the B5 station figure. Both
are
>in the same size box, but the B5 figure is about the size of a large
Sharpie
>marker. originally 35+ dollars?

Do you know how it compares to Jon's not-B5 resin station?

then Scott Jaqua wrote:
> First, let me say that I'm a little off. You see, I will not buy or
play
> with any ship that didn't actually appear in the show. So right off
the bat,
> I returned the Poseidon my wife bought me. As for the B5 Station
model, you
> are correct. I would not have bought this mini for myself if I had
know how
> large it wasn't.

Well, for me personally I wouldn't restrict myself *quite* so tightly
(as
there are undoubtedly many more ships in the various fleets than what we
saw in the show; after all, JMS was interested in telling his *story*,
not
showing us each individ ship class in the universe; however, that
said...).
Although I think AoG did go a little overboard with their creations.

> Now Bruce at AoG is saying they will make a Narn J'Stat station mini
using
> fleet action sized T'Loth wings. So this station will also be way
small.
> However, he did say you could special order five full size T'Loth
wings if
> you want to kit bash your own station, cost, I think he said $20 US.
So I
> would go the kit bash route.
>
> Over all, I would say AoG has some growing pains. The last few mini's
they
> have released have been a very mixed bag.

Growing pains? They've been around for a while now. Long enough that
(imho)
they should have their collective act together. But I've become less and
less happy with them as time moved on. :-/

> The Shadow and Vorlon units look
> very, very good.

One day I may see them.

>As does the Brakiri Cruiser and the Vree Saucer. However
> all of the restocking orders I have seen were pretty crappy. The EA
Fleet
> box, while a good deal was very poor quality. Also the last batch of
White
> Stars I bought and the T'Loths had serious casting defects. Perhaps
AoG
> needs to take a look at quality control.

Has anyone suggested this to them? (I took myself off the B5Wars list
many many many months ago, have had no inclination to get back on).

Oh well, that said, I wait patiently for their Fleet Level stuff to
show up. And happily will keep using Jon's not-B5 type ships/fighters
indefinitely.  :)

Mk (who has now posted more today than in the past 2 or 3 weeks, so as
to not have the list reach critical mass, will go back to lurking behind
work once again...)

Prev: Calculating crew boxes... (AO problem also) Next: RE: Finding proper minis