Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Government Next: Re: [GZG OLC] Update

Re: Mission to Mars

From: Greg Wong <gregwong@b...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:21:45 -0800
Subject: Re: Mission to Mars

I liked War of the Worlds also.  I grew up in Hacienda Heights which is
near where the first Martians land in the movie.  They land in the
"Puente
Hills" which is around the area of Hacienda Heights.  The Flying Wing
drops
a nuke on that landing site.  However, Hacienda Heights didn't exist
around
the time the movie was made.  Other locations in the movie such as
Corona,
Pomoma, and the San Gabriel Mountains are all in that area.  Pacific
Tech, I
believe, is the old name for what is now known as Cal Tech located in
Pasadena.
And the destruction of the Los Angeles city hall was great.

That movie just brings back fond memories of my childhood.

--Greg