Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: Mission to Mars

Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:09:01 -0800
Subject: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

At 3:51 AM +0000 3/17/00, David Brewer wrote:
>In message <003a01bf8fbd$b605fd60$33fb0e3f@default> "Laserlight"
writes:

>The first time I saw Alien was after a 25-hour gaming session... I
>was hallucinating wildly all the way through, lapsing between
>being concious and dreaming. It's never been as good since.

First time I saw Alien was as a young lad of about, oh, let's say 11.
It was a double-bill after "It (They ?) Came From Within". After
ICFW, nobody batted an eye at Alien, and the theater manager made
eprsonal apologies to just about everyone in the theatre. ICFW
features artificial organs that become mind controlling parasites,
and remains to this day one of the most graphic and disturbing films
I've ever seen, view only if you have a strong stomach *and* are
willing to be majorly creeped out at the ending. Again, Alien came
over as a very tame film in comparison.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: Mission to Mars