Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

Re: Combat films

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:02:39 -0800
Subject: Re: Combat films

At 7:48 PM -0500 3/16/00, Los wrote:
>If you are looking to chose between Cross of Iron and Stalingrad,
definately
>grab Cross of Iron (though Stalingrad isn't that bad). It's basically a
german
>recon platoon lead by a hard bitten veteran sergeant who is having
major
>"issues" with their new aristocratic-Cross-of-Iron-seeking company
commander
>while everyone is trying to survive a general withdrawl in the Army
>Group South
>AO. Excellent action, great story, Sam Peckinpau-violence (some brief
nudity).
>In every unit I've ever been in, memorizing the script by heart has
>been pretty
>much SOP.
>
>Los

Is the movie Stalingrad at all related to the 1948 novel of the same
name by a German author whose name escapes me at the moment (as does
my copy of the book). It actually managed to have an uplifting
ending, despite a rather grim (but accurate) depiction of the alst
few weeks in the pocket.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Combat films Next: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)