Prev: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...) Next: Re: Mission to Mars

Re: Mission to Mars

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:13:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Mission to Mars

At 6:16 PM -0500 3/16/00, Allan Goodall wrote:

>What I meant was that Heinlein's far right conservativism isn't any
more
>realistic than far left Marxism. It requires people to behave in
non-realistic
>ways for it to work. I mean, seriously, the only people who get to vote
are
>those who enter the military?

The franchise was extended to those who performed 'National Service'
not at all restricted to military service. Does it sound better if to
qualify for the vote you have to choose between essentially 4 years
community service, Peace Corps, or military service ?

>Aside from the fact that any party that tried to
>put that into effect would be committing political suicide, the
economic
>effects would be awful.

The government in SST was put together postbellum and after a
collapse by militias organized by veterans, not as a transformation
of an existing state.

--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...) Next: Re: Mission to Mars