Prev: Background Info Next: Re: KV, Humans, and Political Divisions

Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:20:57 PST
Subject: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

Mr. Barclay,

To answer your question(s):

In DS II, there are both PDS's and PDC's.  (The PDC's are referred to as

APFC's or Anti-Personnel Fragmentation Charges, because they serve not
only
to protect from incoming IAVR's, but also to discourage enemy infantry
from
getting too close - they serve as sort of a shell of Claymores around
the
tank [and no, I don't mean the kind made so feared in the hands of your
countrymen.])

In the DSII rules, PDS' will stop GMS', but NOT IAVR's. Don't ask me
why.
APFC's will not stop IAVR's, but they do reduce their damage capability.

the heavier GMS' are not affected by APFC's, for that you have to equip
the
tank with a more expensive Reactive Armor.  Since you've never played
DSII,
and I've never played SGII, I am afraid I can't translate the GMS' and
IAVR's to SGII terms for you, sorry.

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca>

If I've read some of what Oerjan and others have said on this, RE DS2
mechanics, the PDS systems don't stop IAVRs? This does seem strange if
true.
Do point defence charges stop them?

Just a thought. Haven't had a chance to play DS2 yet, but I know I'd
want
IAVRs and RRs to be engageable by PDS (which, no doubt, since DS2 is a
points game, means PDS would have to be upcosted).

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Background Info Next: Re: KV, Humans, and Political Divisions