Prev: DS II Infantry vs vehicles Next: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

Re: Falkenberg/DSII

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:22:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Falkenberg/DSII

>If anyone has read Pournelle's Falkenberg's Legion/Sparta
series, I've come
>up with some stats for the Cataphract light AFV from the book
Prince of
>Sparta.  Based on the conversation Lysander has with the design
team about
>Sparta's technology level and what they had to work with, I've
determined
>that the Cataphract is a class 2 vehicle, Fast tracked, with a
CFE engine, 2
>levels of Reactive armor,

Reactive?  I must have missed that...

>Basic targeting and ECM

Weren't they buying electronics from Friedland?  I seem to
recall the Friedlanders were starting to wonder about the
quantites the Spartans were buying.

>The 155 mm artillery version became a light artillery piece,
the extra space
>being taken up by 1 extra fire mission's worth of ammo.

I think of Light Arty as 81mm mortar; I'd think of 155mm
howitzers as at least medium.

Prev: DS II Infantry vs vehicles Next: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?