Prev: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators Next: Falkenberg/DSII

Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:42:37 -0500
Subject: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

John Crimmins wrote:
> I'm painting up a bunch of Ogre miniatures right now, and I've settled
on a
> REALLY easy camo scheme.  It's not all that realistic, but it looks
good.

> Dark green base coat, dry brush it with a slightly lighter green.
Paint
> large splotches of a light gray-green at the corners and edges of the
tank,
> to break up the silhouette.  Then ink the whole think with a dark
green ink.

	Sounds excellent!
	I like to paint the tips of the missiles on my "parade Ogres"
	florescent orange. This represents plastic caps, much like the
	ones placed over the intakes of jet fighter engines while they
	are on the ground, to prevent the ingestion of dust and debris.

Prev: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators Next: Falkenberg/DSII