Prev: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things? Next: Re: PBeM new tactics

Falkenberg/DSII

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:07:38 PST
Subject: Falkenberg/DSII

If anyone has read Pournelle's Falkenberg's Legion/Sparta series, I've
come
up with some stats for the Cataphract light AFV from the book Prince of
Sparta.  Based on the conversation Lysander has with the design team
about
Sparta's technology level and what they had to work with, I've
determined
that the Cataphract is a class 2 vehicle, Fast tracked, with a CFE
engine, 2
levels of Reactive armor, no extra levels of stealth, and Basic
targeting
and ECM.

The 76 mm gun version I determined was equipped in DS II tems with a HKP
3,
and an extra APSW.

The 155 mm artillery version became a light artillery piece, the extra
space
being taken up by 1 extra fire mission's worth of ammo.

The IFV version simply carries 2 elements of infantry.

Not the most ideal vehicles in the universe, but I felt they came pretty

close to recreating the vehicles in the book.

If anyone else has read this series, please let me know if they've come
up
with some stats for the Friedlanders' panzers.

Thanks,

Brian B

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things? Next: Re: PBeM new tactics