Prev: Re: GMS vs Infantry Next: Ground Combat Ambient Soundtrack

Re: GMS vs Infantry

From: kwasTAKETHISOUT@o... (Kr'rt)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 18:13:17 GMT
Subject: Re: GMS vs Infantry

Goofy Armchair General Thought of the Day:

Assumptions:
a. It is the future
b. Weapon development will continue
c. Some weapons systems can and will get more complex
d. Explosives do not necessarily have to be solid masses, they can be
liquid in an inverted-cone-shaped plastic container.
e. The geometry of said container can be altered by widening the
"cone" on the fly.

Idea:
So, to rationalize the use of a GMS against Infantry, Heavy Weapons
firing a big(ie Not Small Arms) warhead can have "Dial-a-Welt" power
settings.  You flick a switch and HEAT GMS rounds can act as HEAP,
though much less effective than a round designed for AP use. (Beehive,
Flechette, Scattergun :)  )

Like I said, just a goofy idea.  Maybe I can go sell it to Rayhteon
and make a mint....

-=Kr'rt

Prev: Re: GMS vs Infantry Next: Ground Combat Ambient Soundtrack