Prev: Sensor Bogeys - how to handle them. Next: Re: OGRE/GEV for ground combat

Re: Mr. Davis, Mr. Siefert

From: Channing Faunce <chanfaunce@t...>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 20:43:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Mr. Davis, Mr. Siefert

WOOHOO! sounds good to me.

Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:

> 1) Kevlar won't solve your problem, it is not good versus sharp
objects
> like blades. Relatively speaking, a knife is more dangerous to kevlar
> than a bullet. You could get metal mesh lined gloves, but those are
> brutal. I have a better suggestion. Carefully consider each cut so
that
> it goes away from your fingers. Use clamps (vices, C clamps, other
> kinds) to hold your figures. Get a ball vise. Remove the holding hand
> from the Eq'n. Then consider some power tools to help out - a rotary
> tool can often do the job you might be trying to do with the edge of
an
> exacto. Or try different blade formats - some are far harder to cut
> yourself with than a standard (type 1 ?) blade - I have several I can
> work with and experience lower risk. but the clamps are the big part.
Be

--
Channing C. Faunce

chanfaunce@toast.net
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/index.html

Current projects
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/avalon3d.jpg
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/runaway.jpg

It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is through the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
     that hands acquire shakes,
     that shakes become a warning.
It is caffeine alone that lets me roll the dice.

Some people look and say: The glass is half full.
Some people look and say: The glass is half empty.
I look and say: Glass? What glass? We're supposed to have a glass?
     Nobody told me!

Prev: Sensor Bogeys - how to handle them. Next: Re: OGRE/GEV for ground combat