Prev: ID codes - second draft Next: Re: ChitDrawer source.

Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

From: "They came, they grabbed, we whomped" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:16:21 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

>> I think the FFH and DDH designations are best.  Stick with them.
>
>The FF and DD designations are only used in the USN to denote when
there is
>no other designator. So you'll never (in the USN) run acrros a FFH or a
FFG
>they would be FH and FG.

Au contraire, mon frere, FFG is used quite heavily in the USN. My
brother
served on FFG 57 ("Reuben James").

DDG is also used.

For two-letter designations, CG is used for missile cruiser in the USN.

Check out:

  http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ships/lists/shipalfa.html

for a listing USN of ships (includes designations, ID number, and
homeports)

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: ID codes - second draft Next: Re: ChitDrawer source.