Prev: RE: SG2: rule book example vehicle armor Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

Re: OU destroyers

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:55:03 +1000
Subject: Re: OU destroyers

Thomas.Barclay wrote:

> I had a look at the ships described on the ship registry. Those don't
sound
> a lot to me like the mini I've got (personal opinion only). It didn't
look
> that modular and it seemed to me to have a number of what could be
antennae
> (though I thought maybe forward mounted weapon arrays). It didn't look
like
> something you could add and subtract large modules from that provided
the
> differing characters that have been defined for it. I'm not saying
> modularity isn't a good idea, it just doesn't fit (IMO) with the mini.

Fair enough. I took a look at the same mini, saw it boxy half-finished
look with a dozen sensors stuck out the front a la Sulaco from Aliens,
and thought it was perfect for modularisation.

> Just to be difficult, I think I'll come up with my own version of the
DD
> (I'll give it another name, though I like the Freemantle class). I'll
post
> it when I'm satisfied with it.

Be my guest, the more the merrier.

> Thanks for the painting advice. I don't know if I *can* paint anything
as
> garish as those Aussie jets. :)

Having flown on one of them, they're not nearly as garish as they appear
in the photos. The colours scheme, while eye-catching, actually works
well.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: SG2: rule book example vehicle armor Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...