Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: Decals

Re: Heavy Fighter Technology

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:36:46 +0100
Subject: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology

Tom.McCarthy wrote:

>Just curious. I have, in the past, treated heavy fighters as if they
>were heavier construction,

Well, this is what MT actually says that they are (" "Heavy" fighters
.. .. are better protected against attack by armoured hulls, heavier
structural componenets etc."), so this is what I use.

MT continues: "When Heavy fighters are attacked, treat them as if they
had LEVEL-1 SCREENS in operation, ie: rolls of "4" have no effect when
under PDAF/ADAF or Fighter weapons fire."

A case of contradicting rules here, since KV fighters obviously fire
"fighter weapons" (and therefore don't hit on rolls of "4") and equally
obviously ignore screens (which the heavy fighters are "treated as"
having).

If the explanation after "ie:" hadn't been there, I'd've ruled it like
Denny does, but that explanation together with the PSB description
out-votes his interpretation 2:1 :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com