Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: RE: Decals

Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:12:33 +0100
Subject: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

Imre A. Szabo wrote:

>One quick note on range.  DARPA (Defense Advanced Research
>Projects Agency) developed 11" sub-caliber rounds for 16" guns in the
>late 1980's.  They had a range of   100 nm and delievered 248 M46
>submunitions.	They were also GPS/IMU guided.

Which ones are the M46s - are they the small scatterable ones, or the
ones used in SADARM (or was it SMArt)? The early date and the number of
sublets suggest scatterables, but I always confuse the designation of
those two :-(

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: RE: Decals