Prev: Re: Beth's Emines & HBWs Next: Re: Beth's Emines & HBWs

RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS.... (Class Names)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 23:07:58 +0100
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS.... (Class Names)

Steve Pugh wrote:

> > > FT-1102	UNSC Diplomatic Courier
> >  Nobel class Courier. Named after Nobel Peace Prize winners.
> >  See http://www.nobel.se/ for a list of Laureates.
>
> How about Peace class rather than Nobel class? Nobel himself (the
> inventor of TNT)

Nobel himself did *not* invent TNT. He developed dynamite - quite a
different thing :-/

Considering that the various Nobel Prizes aren't associated with the UN
- all the awarding bodies, and the money funds, are firmly based in
what the GZG timeline calls the Scandinavian Federation - I'm not
entirely convinced of the UN using those names, though :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Beth's Emines & HBWs Next: Re: Beth's Emines & HBWs