Prev: Re: [FT] ANNOUNCE - new 3D Model / gallery Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS.... (Class Names)

Re: Beth's Emines & HBWs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:58:32 +0100
Subject: Re: Beth's Emines & HBWs

Beth wrote (welcome back, BTW):

> (I finally learnt how to say your name properly... well kinda
properly
> given an accent I've found half the world can't understand!... ;) )

<chuckle> Lowland Scots tend to be better at pronouncing my name than
people raised on Queen's English, so I'm not entirely certain your
Aussie accent works against you here <g>

> >> "Heavy Beams
>
> >Is it possible to feed a single projector from more than one
capacitor?
> >(I devoutly hope not, but the rule doesn't say)
>
> Nope.

Good. Makes it worthwhile to at least think about the bigger capacitors
<g>

> >Did you resolve if re-rolls were allowed if the die roll modifier
was
> >-6 or larger (the EFSB errata says no)? I missed that reply :-(
>
> On a -6 yes, not anything larger (i.e. given minuses for screens etc
you
> can go down to 0 damage on your primary roll and just hold out in the

> hope of a re-roll).

But you can't hit a target with level-1 screens beyond range 30 (since
that'd give you a -7 modifier)?

> >><Damage causes capacitor rating to be halved>
> >What happens if it is damaged a second time? Nothing, destroyed,
> >reduced to 1/4 of the original capacity?
>
> It hasn't actually happened to be honest, initial response would be
got
> through the process again (i.e. to 1/4), but on second though
straight to
> zero would probably be more in keeping with the rest of the FT
systems.

It can become quite important after a threshold or two, too :-/

> >Can the halved capacity be restored by DCPs?
>
> Haven't tried that yet either. I have a felling that EFSB said No
(i.e.
> permanently to half), but I don't have the book with me right now.

I checked before I asked :-/ EFSB doesn't have any damage control rules
at all unless there's an RPG player character aboard the ship.

> >><Damage causes capacitor to be knocked out>
> >Are damage control parties able to repair this damage?
>
> Once again I'd say the feeling I've got is No

> >What happens if the capacitor is hit by a needle beam?
>
> Tricky that I guess as no other systems go critical when taken out
> (thinking core systems here),

Core systems can't be hit by needle beams. Waveguns go BOOM when hit by
needles, but they do that on any threshold hit as well.

> >Is the damage from the capacitors scored against hull or armour? (I
> >assume hull, but it needs specifying)
>
> I think it was half and half.

Sounds a bit strange that internal damage (particularly from a Core-ish
system) would reach the armour through the hull, but if you say so <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] ANNOUNCE - new 3D Model / gallery Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS.... (Class Names)