Prev: Re: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report Next: RE: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

Re: KV armour in DS2

From: "Brian Thompson" <brianthompson17@h...>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:08:53 PST
Subject: Re: KV armour in DS2

Andrew wrote:
>One interesting alternative is to alter the effectiveness of weapons
>systems versus KV armour. For example the table on page 29 of the DSII
>rules, could be manipulated to produce different valid damage chits.
>
>This chart of weapon and armour effectiveness may be of some use:
>
>System 		Effectiveness
>------ 		-------------
>HEL:				 50%
>HEL:				 25%		- Ablative Armour
>
>RFAC & HVC
>- Close:			 75%
>- Medium:			 50%
>- Long:			 25%
>
>HKP & MDC
>- Close:			100%
>- Medium:			 75%
>- Long:			 50%
>
>DFFG:
>- Close:			200%
>- Medium:			100%
>- Long:			 50%
>
>IAVR, GMS & SLAM
>- Normal:			 75%
>- Ablative:			 75%
>- Reactive:			 50%
>- Active:			 25%
>
>HEF
>- Infantry:			 75%
>- Infantry:			 50%		- Dug-in or Urban
>- Armour:			 25%
>- Armour:			Ineff.	- Dug-in or Urban
>
>MAK
>- Armour:			 75%
>- Armour:			 50%		- Dug-in or Urban
>- Infantry:			 25%
>- Infantry:			Ineff.	- Dug-in or Urban
>
>DPL (Dual Purpose Loads)
>- all: 		 50%
>- all: 		 25%		- Dug-in or Urban

Thanks for the ideas, but i think some of the people i game with might
complain a bit if i mess with the rules too much.  I'd much rather keep
it
fairly simple.	Incidentally, i probably wouldn't use the armour unless
it
was dirt cheap anyway, as to keep with the KV spirit, i've got some VERY

expensive tanks.

Brian