Prev: Re: KV armour in DS2 Next: DS2:basing & measuring range

RE: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:01:29 +1000
Subject: RE: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

SNIP

> I can't speak for the others, but mine boils down to the following:
>
> 1.  Basic non-familiarity with the system, which includes
> figuring the odds,
> especially with secondary die rolls involved.

Ah, the beauty of this game system is that you apply a little more "real
life" approach to the game! Rather than calculating the odds based on
matematical considerations try considering Troops to Task and relevant
weapons etc. I think you'll find a more enjoyable game too.

> 2.  Such a system makes it difficult, if not impossible, to
> factor in two
> modifiers (FMA gets "around" this by just saying you use the worst).

How so? I think I must misunderstand your meaning here. Can you give an
example of two modifiers?

> 3.  Limitations of the system--you can't really go past d4
> and d12--in other
> words, a four-die shift is the most you can ever have.  And
> if your unit
> didn't start out with a d12, this gets shortened to whatever
> brings you down
> to d4.

In the game system some die shifts are Open ie when you get up to D12
you
then start shifting the opponents die DOWN.

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: Re: KV armour in DS2 Next: DS2:basing & measuring range