Prev: RE: Painting question - Orange [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Painting question - Orange

Re: FT-Mobile Suits

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Chip Dunning wrote:

> Well, my Gundam experience only applies to The Movie, 0083, 0080 - so
it is
> limited. But from those shows MS mostly fight each other - the capital
ships
> serve mostly to launch Mobile Suits into combat. If a suit can get
past the
> main line of defense (other MS) they rip into capital ships. There are
> several instances of MSs destroying Frigates/DDs in fairly quick
order.
>     For the Caps - MS are best destroyed by large beam batteries and
> sub-munitions.

The White Base was pretty lucky in several instances when Zion MS's got
close. The Mobile Suits were generally more effective at close in
combat.
They could have problems getting to a ship, but if they were able to get

there they were able to toast a ship pretty quick, Its like infantry
close in on tanks, once they are right up close, you can't get your guns

to bear on your own craft to clean them off.

Perhaps this is best represented by being both heavy fighter type and
also having the following rule. The first turn mobile suits make an
attack on a ship they are able subject to point defense. The following
turns they may stay with the target ship no matter where it moves, on
those following turns they are only subject to 6 results for PDS by the
target ship. Escorting ships with ADAF may clean a friendly ship as
normal for PDS.

Modification of quality chits for figures to New Types anyone?
Perhaps a dark scarlet (deeper than the red elites) quality chit with
say
a base die of D20? Your forces can have one element crewed by
newtypes...

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: RE: Painting question - Orange [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Painting question - Orange