Prev: Re: FT-Mobile Suits Next: [URL] SFSFW FT Web Site

Re: Painting question - Orange

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:36:21 -0700
Subject: Re: Painting question - Orange

Sounds like you've gotten lots of suggestions.	Here are mine . . . You
could do
a yellow base coat and then a red wash.  Or try that thin (have you
mixed it
well?) Ral Partha orange, a red wash, fianaly a heavy orange dry brush.
You
might try adding an artist matt medium to the RP orange, if only to
thicken it
slightly.  Poor paint quality can really hamper your best efforts.
Final
suggestion, if you've got a red and yellow to your liking try mixing
your orange
(if you do a large amount you can save it in a spare bottel or jar).
Good luck
- Aron

Jon Davis <davis@albany.net> on 10/06/99 03:09:32 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   GZG List <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)
Subject:  Painting question - Orange

I tried to paint an orange base coat on a starship figure last night.
I had primed it with white.  Ral Partha Orange was very thin and I
wasn't terribly happy with the first coat's results.  I also tried
an old bottle of Citadel Hobgoblin Orange and the results were even
worse.

Are there any suggestions for better coverage or a primer base color
that would do a better job for a one coat layer of orane base?

Thanks,

Jon

Prev: Re: FT-Mobile Suits Next: [URL] SFSFW FT Web Site