Prev: Re: FT-Mobile Suits Next: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

RE: Painting question - Orange [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:23:23 -0400
Subject: RE: Painting question - Orange [CLEAN STAMP]

Jon Davis wrote:

> Are there any suggestions for better coverage or a primer base color
> that would do a better job for a one coat layer of orange base?

Unfortunately, you will never get a good one-layer coat of orange,
red or yellow from hobby paints. The pigment in artists' acrylic
paints is concentrated enough to do the job, but hobby acrylics
are too thinned out to give you a good one-layer coat. I've been
using Liquitex acrylics for the past 5 years, and I really like them.

This is especially exacerbated with reds, yellows and oranges
because the "good" pigments are oxides of cadmium, which are expensive.
They're also mildly dangerous (if consumed in large quantities),
so they can't be marketed as "non-toxic" hobby paints, so hobby paints
end up using less expensive, non-toxic pigments which don't cover the
surface as well.

-- Rick
I apologize in advance for the junk appended to this message
by the mail server.

======
10/06/99 11:23:24

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Re: FT-Mobile Suits Next: Re: FT-Mobile Suits