Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Action Fleet Next: Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:21:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

"Bell, Brian K" wrote:

> Or fighters, missiles (salvo or MT), mines, scatterguns, submunitions
packs,
> or needle beams. All of which have only one range band.

True, but you can come up with mechanics for them.  What I threw out
wasn't
meant to be a finished product; it was a brain storm to deal with the
problem
at hand:  "How do escorts defend a convoy?"

If people want a finished house rule for this, let me think about it,
and put it up after I email FT Racing to Jon T.  (8-)

> One of the problems of FT is that there is no standard means of
targeting.
> Targeting and damage are combined (on most weapons) to speed game
play. This
> has the disadvantage of making it impossible for one system (such as
ECM) to
> effect all weapons equally. One of these days, I am going to have to
post
> FMARO* FT  to my web site. :-)
>
> *Full Metal Anorak Rip-Off

That would be cool.  (8-)

> >	     "Call it impulsive, call it compulsive, call it insane..."

I see you kept the important line of the .sig.	(8-)

Jerry

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \