Prev: Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: RE: Starship Troopers Action Fleet

Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

From: "Chip Dunning" <edunning@s...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:57:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

Just treat the sand as creating a dust cloud effect, which is already
well
defined under the rules (gives +1 Screens). If we want to make it like
Smoke
Launchers - then just say that it works like ADFC in that the target or
launching platform must be within 6" of the ship using the Sand Caster.
    This allows escorts to cover their charges - but it is hardly all
powerful - plus you get a limited number of shots. On the upside a
freighter
might consider buying 1 or 2 shot launchers on the cheap to hold off the
lucky raider that slips by any escorting vessels.

DUSTCASTER
    Creates a 6" radius dust cloud around the launching ship that
interferes
with beam weapons. If the target of the attack or the attacking ship is
within this effect it affords +1 Screens (as per Dust Cloud).

MASS:	    x + y/shot
POINTS:    a + b/shot

-----
Programming: It's not just a job - it's an indenture