Prev: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval Next: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:44:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

***
Yes, but there exists no way for escort vessels to provide some measure
of
beam defense for their charges.
***

Needle beams? Actually, using navy analogy, the only big gun protection
is to keep the gun carriers from closing with the convoy.

I'm afraid I'm having trouble getting excited with the topic; in all
the games I've played, I've assumed that we were either interdicting
a strike against either an emplacement, against a convoy, or a scouting
group returning to the main fleet meeting opposition. Usually assumed
you had to exit the other side, usually.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval Next: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval