Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: [OT] Sad, sad people... <GRIN>

Re: railguns

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:32:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: railguns

On 16-Sep-99 at 18:03, bbrush@rev.state.ne.us (bbrush@rev.state.ne.us)
wrote:

> I must say I find it interesting just how big a range of velocities
you see
> people talk about on this list.  Oerjan says his capitals move at V,
of 18
> and his escorts of 36.  I would think this would take a VERY large
table,
> otherwise everything would just go screaming off the other side of the
table
> and that would be the end of the game.  Most games I've watched on
standard
> 4x6 or 4x8 tables have velocities of around 8-18, depending heavily on
the
> nationality and maneuverability of the ship.

My speed depends more on what my opponent expects me to do.  As soon as
the tactics showed up for dealing with my high speeds I dropped to
lower speeds.  Last game I spent 1/2 the battle stopped, of course I
was playing an SDN against 3 hvy cruisers.

Oh, I lost, two alpha strikes (total of 25 dice rolled) did 3 points
damage against lvl 1 screens, two unopposed SM hits did another 4 more.
My opponent managed to do 11 damage at one point with 3 class 1s, and
this was the norm for the game.

Roger

Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: [OT] Sad, sad people... <GRIN>