Prev: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation Next: Re: Sensors

Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:20:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation

Scott Case wrote:

> Infantry ???	(I think the GZG's NAC Marines are pretty close)

The only problem with using NAC marines is that they aren't in full body
armor.
And the SST/RN armor is much less bulky than GZG PA. ACtually I think a
fairly
close match is either going to be UN troops. (though NSL troops work
too).

> Infantry Walkers ???

Well I'm thinking you could probably use Some Battletech walkers. Even
though
they are meant for what? 6 or 8mm, they would be around the right size
for a
SST/RN walker in the SG range. That or maybe heavy gear.

> AFVs	   ???	   (The ones I've seen are just APCs- few weapons)

Well some of the GZG stuff would be good for this but then again the
Galoob line
might have something nice too. (LVTPs or ALiens combat cars)

> Aerospace Craft ???

Again I'd go Galoob. There's an SST TAC fighter in almost perfect 25mm
range and
perhaps they make a dropship too? The Galoob ALiens drop ship is around
also
though the line is discontinued.

> Bugs	 ???

Well in 25mm ya got two r three options:
1. GZG Bugs but they are expensive considering you need a lot.

2.Galoob bugs but they are hard to acquire in large numbers (I wish they
sold
individual components)

3. Party store spiders. The big2" kind. You buy them by the gross for a
2 or 3
bucks.

ALso in 6m  (DS) I have party store ants by the gross and also 200 GZG
bugs.

Los

Prev: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation Next: Re: Sensors