Prev: Re: [FT] Jump Limits Next: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation

Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 05:08:51 PDT
Subject: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation

> > SST:RN has good plot, decent dialog/interaction and
> > good graphics.  it also seems to have a pretty good mix
> > of the book and movie.

>I'm very excited about this show. It seems the writers/developers are
>all hard SF combat fans (who probably play quake or starseige too,
>based
>on the music and sound effects) and I see lots of almost >stargrunt
>inspired items in there. The writing for the show is well >done and
more
>mature than the movie.

I have to ditto that. The movie was overall 'okay'... and just that. For
the
most part it (the movie) was just plain stupid. It's kinda embarassing
that
the *cartoon* version is very much superior!

Man... the show even has decent characters and plots! LOL!

I personally love the mix of the book and the movie. The writers of the
series pay attention to both sources and wrap them together very
nicely...
the they borrow from other elements of the genre! Weren't those drop
ships
absolutely COOL! :)

I think THIS SHOW is excellent fodder for DSII and SGII. Anyone have any

ideas about minis?

Infantry ???  (I think the GZG's NAC Marines are pretty close)

Infantry Walkers ???

AFVs	 ???	 (The ones I've seen are just APCs- few weapons)

Aerospace Craft ???

Bugs   ???

Prev: Re: [FT] Jump Limits Next: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation