Prev: Re: FT sensors Next: Re: [FT] Jump Limits

Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 23:43:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length

>Greetings,
>Some time ago the list came to a pseudo-consensus that each
inch (or cm for
>those with 12 km long ship) was about 1000km. And at 1g it
took about 15
>minutes to travel that distance so the turn length was
about 15 minutes. If
>I have the distance figures wrong, please forgive me.

You do, we will, try 7.5 minutes and 1000km.

>That having been said, how do we still justify sequential
rather than
>simultaneous firing and damage to ships?

We don't, we just do simultaneous shooting.  But you could
define it as "EFFECTIVE" shots (everything else is spoofed
or hits armor or just misses) in which case the timing would
be important.  If your 100 shots and his 100 shots both
occupy the same time, but you start getting hits on the 20th
iteration and he doesn't start till the 75th, then you're in
better shape than he is.

Prev: Re: FT sensors Next: Re: [FT] Jump Limits