Prev: Re: [FT] Jump Limits Next: RE: Star Blazers Fleet Book Conversions

Re: Sensors

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 18:59:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Sensors

From: Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thursday, September 09, 1999 12:44 PM

>In a campaign game I won't fight a battle unless I think I
can do more
damage to my opponent than I will take

In a strategic sense, I presume you mean--there are always
targets that have to be defended regardless of cost, eh?

>This is what we are using for EW rules, compared to the
other simple
system this one is extremely simple.  No die rolls,
everything is
deterministic.

I think your ranges are way too short to be useful.  You
seem to go from "No data" to "Targeting" in one jump, and
that only at 36" for basic sensors.  That essentially
cripples ships that rely on maneuver, since if you can see
him to run from him, his Class 3's are already pounding on
you.  Or am I missing something?

Prev: Re: [FT] Jump Limits Next: RE: Star Blazers Fleet Book Conversions