Prev: Re: FT / DS2 interface (miniatures idea) Next: FT: fighter combat, plasma torp as pulse torp

Re: FT / DS2 interface (miniatures idea)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:23:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT / DS2 interface (miniatures idea)

On 26-Aug-99 at 14:01, Thomas Pope (tpope@cs.cmu.edu) wrote:

> In some cases that's true.  But for instance, if I wanted a luxury
liner
> I'd be stuck unless I could find an old Traveller model on clearance.
> There just aren't that many starships ranges in production, fewer ones
> that I like and fewer still that match GZG's line.

If you haven't looked lately, you might want to look around, there seems
to be a plethora of starship models lately.  You can get the ST starline
2200's again (they were in production but hard to find earlier)
including
the SFB cargo ship.  The scale is pretty close.  There is the new
starship
combat game in the Fading Suns universe.  I'm now using one of their
really nifty looking heavy cruisers as a BB, their destroyers are escort
cruiser size.  Unfortunately Superior Miniatures is on hold, possibly
forever, but the new fleet scale stuff for B5 should fit right into
scale.

Tuffleyverse is nice, and it's OK to be Anal about the "official"
background, but the official background is very humanocentric.	I
like more aliens in my backgrounds, and the GZG stuff is all too
close in design to really feel alien.  That's probably because it
was all done by one designer.

What would I really like to see in miniatures from GZG? Well, in
addition to the mentionned non-combat things, I would love to
see a micro-carrier for each of the races.  I'm thing about hacking
an FSE CE by cutting it apart and adding a runway.

Roger

Prev: Re: FT / DS2 interface (miniatures idea) Next: FT: fighter combat, plasma torp as pulse torp